Featured post

My 101 Guide to Parelli Natural Horsemanship!

This is an article I wrote at the invitation of my goddaughter Verena.  Verena is passionate about dog training and has recently graduated f...

Saturday 30 October 2010

Turning loose...

Life is not meant to be easy and it often isn't. Learning to face and overcome the obstacles thrown in our way if the way we grow and evolve into better and stronger human beings. I have had my share of mountains to climb in life, and they just keep on coming. And although I have learned to welcome them as the path to new learning and a better me, sometimes it feels like everything is just too much and I want to give up and run back to the safety of the easy and predictable.

It's been a challenging year for me, mentally and emotionally, and the obstacles are constantly getting in my way, leading me to question my choices and my pathway. I had to rethink my vision and find a different center. But I kept on going, and got through most of the challenges somehow. I had to learn to ask for help, not something that comes easy, but more importantly, I am learning to turn loose and accept what I simply cannot change. It is not an easy lesson.

Some things are just not meant to be it seems. My latest challenge has been learning to accept the fact that some dreams will never come true, no matter how hard I try. There comes a time where you have given it everything you have and it is time to let go. Does that mean it opens the door to new and better dreams? Or simply that letting go of them is something I need to learn to do? I don't know, but anyone who knows me knows I don't give up easily, in fact, I am very determined to get where I want to go. But life sometimes has other plans...

I actually had not planned to come back to Florida this year, but life made sure I had to and in the end, it might be exactly what I needed to gain a different perspective on my life and my challenges, and to find other open doors rather than keep looking at the closed ones.

I frankly can't tell you how this will affect my horsemanship at this point in time, other than it probably lies down there below the tip of the iceberg and will eventually emerge in full light...

Geneviève
Reddick FL

No comments:

Post a Comment