Featured post

My 101 Guide to Parelli Natural Horsemanship!

This is an article I wrote at the invitation of my goddaughter Verena.  Verena is passionate about dog training and has recently graduated f...

Sunday 6 January 2013

Renewing my commitment to my life mission


Take a look at this eerily beautiful photo taken by international photographer Matthieu Paley. It shows a horse crossing the frozen waters of Lake Baikal in Siberia.    http://paleyphoto.photoshelter.com/gallery-slideshow/G00001nPLOiVM9i8/?start
Take a look at this eerily beautiful photo taken by international photographer Matthieu Paley. It shows a horse crossing the frozen waters of Lake Baikal in Siberia.



As the New Year gets on its way, I sit down quietly with some paper to take stock of the year passed and to write down my goals, objectives and wishes for the coming year.  It’s a way to give myself a focus and to formalize the ideas that swirl around in my head, and to help them become real. 

In 2010, after much soul searching, introspection and practical exercises designed to help me clarify my values, goals and priorities, for the first time in my life, I actually came up with my personal mission statement.  It spells out how I choose to live my life, what is important to me and what I hope to accomplish.  Three years later, as I review it again, I find that all that I have set out to accomplish is still true today, which means it is truly meaningful and authentic.  Once again, I thought it might be appropriate to share it so it is out there in the world and becomes more ‘real’ as a result.  It is always a work in progress, but having it as a guiding light helps me find my way when I get lost.

Geneviève’s Personal Mission

My mission is to live freely, autonomously and serenely; to become an excellent horsewoman and to touch others’ lives by teaching them the principles and the life philosophy of good horsemanship:

  • Put the relationship first
  • Foundation before specialization and versatility
  • Never-ending self improvement
I want to shine by example, and to be a role model for others as well as a sincere, efficient, passionate and progressive coach that operates with utter integrity.

My life will be centered on my own core values and principles, on never-ending personal development, on sincere and enriching relationships with others, on improving the well being of horses and hopefully some day, on a loving partner that is generous, passionate and loyal.  I want to serve the people that share in my passion for horses and for life and that truly want to grow and learn.

I wish to attain a state of financial independence that will give me the resources to continue achieving my goals as well as give me the freedom to help my students and loved ones achieve theirs. 

I choose to live freely and passionately, to stay healthy, and to move through life with courage and determination; on this path, I will continue to marvel at the beauties of nature and the gifts of life.
 
My priorities/key objectives
  • Health and energy
  • Love and connection
  • Horsemanship
  • Financial autonomy
  • Enriching work that touches others
  • Personal development
  • Spirituality
Not all of this is actually part of my current reality yet, but since I have written it down, I have been able to move closer to this mission than ever before.  I also review it once in a while and make any adjustments as my beliefs and priorities evolve over time.  It has given me a stronger sense of who I am and who I want to become.  I also write down more specific goals and objectives for my career, personal life, finances and relationships, statements that are more tangible and measurable.

Do you have a statement of what you think your life should look like?  Do you set out goals?  How do you go about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment