Featured post

My 101 Guide to Parelli Natural Horsemanship!

This is an article I wrote at the invitation of my goddaughter Verena.  Verena is passionate about dog training and has recently graduated f...

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Kathy Baar: A really useful article that I copied from Daniel ...

Kathy Baar, 4* Parelli Instructor, shared this really great article on her blog so I am reprinting it here.  Goal setting applies to all aspects of our lives, but in this case, specifically to horsemanship.  Do you set any goals for your horsemanship?  How do you go about it?  How do you keep track?

I found this is a great exercise to do in preparation for auditions.  Filming all 4 Level 4 auditions might seem like a daunting task and felt overwhelming (for me anyway!).  But breaking it down into pieces made it much more manageable - into tasks to improve, patterns to focus on, and working on one savvy at a time, as well as practice filming just to get more comfortable with the process.  I also had to make sure to include doing other things for fun and relaxation, so the process did not get too intense (like a nice trail ride, or having some fun jumping bridleless).

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Kathy Baar: A really useful article that I copied from Daniel ...: A really useful article that I copied from Daniel Stewart's Newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment