Featured post

My 101 Guide to Parelli Natural Horsemanship!

This is an article I wrote at the invitation of my goddaughter Verena.  Verena is passionate about dog training and has recently graduated f...

Sunday 23 September 2012

We are listening! Thoughts on the recent survey

Courtesy of Coco
Many of you might have seen the recent survey I sent out.  I must admit that putting myself out there in this way is not comfortable, it means that I have to be ready to listen and accept the outcome, and the information that my students out there are willing to share.  It's a place of vulnerability but more importantly, an opportunity to grow.

First of all, I want to sincerely thank all of you who took the time to answer the survey and share your feedback.  Your comments are very valuable and enable me to reflect on what I have doing well and what I need to improve.  They will also help me fine tune my services to be more responsive to your needs as a student so you feel you are getting what you need, and especially, that you are making progress.

The vast majority of the feedback received on my teaching and services was very positive, and I thank you, it is so heartwarming to hear it!  However, I was ready to accept that there were a few people who felt I could have done better.  No one is perfect, and we all have good days and bad days, but in the end, my goal is to find out where I need to improve so I can better serve you in the future. Sometimes in the whirlwind of trying to get everything done, it's easy to miss a step or to make a mistake.  I am grateful for your candid comments and if you are amongst the few who feel I did not live up to your expectations, I certainly hope you will give me the opportunity to change your perception in the future.

I recently came across this saying:
«Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind»

While that is true, when you are running a business, that may not always apply.  Being who I am is important for my integrity and well-being.  This is not about trying be everything everyone wants me to be; we all know it is impossible to please everyone.  However, all of my customers do matter so I can't brush over the fact that there may be things I have the power to change to improve your experience!


I can promise you that changes will be implemented based on the trends that have surfaced from the survey.  It might mean that clarifying the various options available and to let students know that there are alternatives to some of the pricier training offerings.  Some services may take on more importance, I may decide to give up certain formats.  Certain aspects of the transaction could be simplified.  In some cases, it may just mean I  need to be more attentive to your body language and more present!

Here is a thought however:  please don't wait years to let someone know if you feel they could have done better!  Every comment is an opportunity to improve and to realign so we can move forward.  If we don't know, we will go on blissfully believing all is OK.

As a student, you can choose your instructor and the type of instruction you want to receive, as long if there are enough instructors out there to provide choices.   If clinics are not your thing, there are alternatives.  Some people find it difficult to leave home, we can help you advance while staying home.  You may enjoy a smaller group format, and we can find a way to make that possible as well.  Please feel free to contact me to discuss any ideas, suggestions or alternatives you might have in mind.

Finally, as the saying goes, if you did not like what you got, please tell me so we can fix it.  If you liked it, please tell your friends!

Naturally yours,

Geneviève Benoit
Licensed Parelli 3 Star Instructor

No comments:

Post a Comment