Featured post

My 101 Guide to Parelli Natural Horsemanship!

This is an article I wrote at the invitation of my goddaughter Verena.  Verena is passionate about dog training and has recently graduated f...

Sunday 11 August 2013

What do you mean my horse is my mirror? By Linda Parelli




What to you mean my horse is my mirror?  It’s funny. I never really noticed that all four horses I’ve owned had the same problem…they were highly excitable and were prone to run off with me. All I could think was, “Why do I keep choosing this type of horse?” I know, now, that it was no accident. My horses were trying to teach me something—if only I could be humble enough to listen. I finally did, and here is my story about learning to take responsibility. 

I never thought that there was anything wrong with me if one of my horses dragged me while I was leading him, or if he couldn’t stand still to be groomed…saddled…mounted, or if he wouldn’t get into a trailer. Boy, did I learn a lot. 


Here is a great blast from the past - this is the first article written by Linda Paterson (now Parelli!) about her journey to Natural Horsemanship, published in 1995.


Click to read the whole article!

You enjoyed this article?  Let us know by submitting your comments and feel free to share with your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment