Featured post

My 101 Guide to Parelli Natural Horsemanship!

This is an article I wrote at the invitation of my goddaughter Verena.  Verena is passionate about dog training and has recently graduated f...

Saturday 12 April 2014

A day in the life on the farm... Every creature seeks a connection, naturally!

Life on the farm... 

Meet Kevin. Kevin is the lone surviving guinea hen from a group that used to live here. Since I have arrived, he has fallen in love with his reflection in my truck and trailer hub caps and spends hours looking at himself, talking to it and takes naps next to the wheels. 
Kevin has also discovered I feed my horses really great stuff. He used to come into the pen to pick at the manure, but now he actually waits for me at feeding time and literally gets in between the horses' legs to steal bits falling from the buckets. When I change my feeding time, which happens regularly, and he misses it, he gets very angry and stands in front of the pen area screaming, and trust me, he is very loud! My horses don't seem to mind him at all, they don't even push him out of the way, although Menina drives him once in a while, just for fun (without touching him, just on his bubble). With all the great feed Kevin is getting, he has turned into a supercharged guinea! I am secretly he is going to start laying eggs for breakfast....

About Menina... this is where she stands every morning when I get up, right outside my trailer window.  I bet she would be in the trailer if there was any way to let herself in.  When  she hear me open the blinds, she looks at me and greets me with two eyes and ears.   I had to sneak so she would not notice me for this picture.  The other two stand by the gate that I use to bring in the hay.  How interesting...



No comments:

Post a Comment